Thursday 6 May 2010

Gresham's 02 - 06.05.2010

Continued from Greshams 01 - 20.04.2010

Thursday 06 May 2010 - Election day. My village hall; polling station with the village war memorial in front....



Saturday 08 May 2010 - I attended a literary lunch at Gresham's, chaired by Michael Brunson with history teacher Simon Kinder and Cambridge Professor Christopher Andrew giving forth talk on spies, agents and secrets. 3 of my portraits were displayed and invitations to my exhibition in September distributed. I have decided to title it:
I Spied With My Little Eye: Istanbul to East Anglia.


Below, with Christopher Andrew, Professor of Modern and Contemporary History at Cambridge and author of The Defence of the Realm: The Authorized History of MI5.

"Ned Pamphilon is a wonderfully imaginative painter with a range which includes portraits of the most famous Russian spies in modern British history - a theme to which almost no other artist has proved equal. Above all, his work is wonderfully enjoyable."
Professor Christopher Andrew.

Tuesday 07 September 2010 - Delivered paintings to The Nicholson Gallery. This is continued from 03 NPP Waveney Springs - 23.08.2010 as September develops into a busy time.









Go to The story so far 21 - 09.05.2010
Go to NPP at Gresham's School
Go to Gresham's 03-14.01.2011

Go to The story so far